I’m always on the look out for unique and affordable centerpiece ideas, so I was thrilled when Laurie sent in this week’s DIY project because it is a perfect combination of both. Fresh flowers can get expensive, so why not save money on the vases and create these lovelies. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
Tin Cans (an assortment of sizes)
Crochet Thread or Kite String
Daffodils (or any small blooming plant will do)
1. Begin by washing and removing the labels from your tin cans. Be
careful not to cut yourself on the edge of the cans.
2. Take a piece of moss, lay it on the outside of the can and wrap
your string around the moss and can several times until it’s secure.
(see figure 1)
3. Add another piece of moss and wrap the string around again.
Repeat until the can is covered.
4. Take your scissors and trim the moss from the top and bottom of
can to make the edges neat. (see figure 2)
5. Wrap the string around several more times, pulling tightly while
working your way up and down the sides of the can. Tie off with a
knot. (see figure 3)