We’re so excited to share this simple brunch recipe from Katelyn Hardwick with you all today! A quick and easy recipe like this would be perfect for a bridal brunch or keep this little gem of a recipe in your pocket for your first days at home after the honeymoon! Serve these gorgeous crostini on beautiful Vietri platters from your Zola Registry – the all-in-one, completely customizable registry that we can’t get enough of – to elevate your meal to the next level. And remember, Once Wed readers get $25 toward their registry when you sign up today!
Simple Asparagus and Poached Egg Crostini
-1 small bunch of asparagus (ends chopped off)
-2 tsp white vinegar
-1 baguette or rustic loaf of bread (sliced on the angle and toasted)
-Pea shoot micro greens (or any other sprouts or micros that you prefer)
1. Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice, set aside.Fill a medium sized saucepan halfway with water, bring to a boil.Add the asparagus and let cook for 45 seconds to 1 minute depending on thickness of asparagus. Drain. Place asparagus in ice bath and let them sit for 5 minutes. Drain.
2. Cutting at an angle slice the loaf of bread into 1 inch slices.Spread slices with olive oil and toast in pan until golden brown.
3. Chop and smash the avocados in a bowl. Add the lemon juice, minced lemon juice and salt and pepper.Combine well.
4. Spread avocado smear onto toasts.
5. Fill a large saucepan with water.Add 2 tsp. white vinegar and bring to a simmer over medium heat.Meanwhile, crack 1 egg into a small ramekin.Quickly stir the water in one direction until spinning.Carefully drop the cracked egg into the center.Cook for 3-5 minutes.Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and place on top of a crostini.Repeat for each additional crostini.Garnish with drizzled olive oil, micro greens and salt & pepper to taste.