Thinking of saving on wedding costs by renting your dress? Think again. Buying your wedding gown PreOwned might be the less expensive option. Not to mention other important reasons why renting just isn’t right for your wedding dress.
1. Buying PreOwned Can Cost Less It sounds counter intuitive, but buying can actually save you more in the long run. We compared the rental cost of several wedding dresses and found them to be within a few hundred dollars (and sometimes more!) than their PreOwned counterparts. Factor in resale value and you’ll come out ahead purchasing PreOwned.
2. Buying Gives You (Way) More Choice
Choose the dress you really want. Not just what’s available. After all, it’s your wedding dress – one of the most special gowns you’ll ever wear. PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com currently has over 16,000 wedding gowns for sale at $1,500 or less. Compare that with about 100 available at a typical rental salon and the choice is obvious.
3. It’s the Only Way To Get A Perfect Fit
The key to making any wedding dress look amazing is the fit. And this almost always requires alterations – which aren’t typically allowed in rental gowns. This means a rental wedding dress won’t look as gorgeous as it could. And that alone is reason not to rent.
4. Worry (As In, You Don’t Have To) Normal wear is expected (and covered) under standard wedding dress rental agreements, but major damage isn’t. So if you rent, you be subconsciously worrying all night about a glass of red wine getting a little too close, or Uncle Bob stepping on your train. If you own your dress, you won’t have to give it a second though – even while dancing with Uncle Bob.
5. Admire Your Dress. Well Before The Wedding. Rental dresses typically arrive 2-3 days before your event. That’s hardly enough time to get excited. And definitely not enough time for a good stare-fest or another quick peek with mom. When you buy, the dress will be in yours…and be available to view at a moment’s notice.